Alex the Pirate

Spiderman Isaac

Batboy Luke

Jack the Bumblebee

I guess the answer to most everyone's question as of late is...Yes. There is trick-or-treating in Jakarta.
I wasn't sure of this fact until this morning when I found a flyer in the kitchen from our complex reminding everyone that trick-or-treating would be from 5:30-7:30 tonight and if you wanted to pass out candy, put some sort of Halloween decoration on your gate or fence.
I decided that we should participate. It would give us a good opportunity to get out and meet the neighbors. But the kids had no costumes. So I went to my handy dandy shoppers guide and looked up the number to the store that I had been referred to previously for costumes. I called and thankfully they were open.
Now that I knew there was the possibility of costumes, I started talking to the boys about what the evening had in store. We got in the car and went to The Costume Closet.
Now I have found in using my shoppper's guide, which is put out by the American Women's Association, that sometimes the descriptions they put with the stores doesn't always describe, by my interpretation, what you find at the store. So as we drove to the store, I was hoping that they had descent costumes, that they had kids sizes and that they weren't all picked over. I am glad to report that what I found was the best possible scenario.
They had lots of great costumes. Not all of them were available in the kids sizes but they had a good number to pick from. And well, you saw the results in the pictures above. And I must note that while Alex was very concerned about making sure he had all the pieces to his costume on, Isaac would have nothing to do with the Spiderman mask and gloves that came with his costume.
Now we had the costumes, but the next uncertainty that kept popping into my mind was would anyone really participate and would the rain hold off.
We had our first trick-or-treaters a little before 5:30 and within the first 20 minutes or so we had already given out half of our candy.
We got the kiddos dressed quickly and headed out. The boys had a great time collecting the candy, even Jack.
Jack pulled an Alex on us. While we were walking around, Justin carried Jack on his shoulders. Jack was holding his candy bag and pulled a piece of candy out. Justin stopped me at one point and asked me what Jack was doing and I discovered that he had managed to suck most of a piece of candy out its wrapper. If you remember, it was much like Alex's elephant costume incident. If not, here is a picture to jog your memory.

Jack's experience wasn't quite as messy because it wasn't a chocolate piece of candy so there are not any dramatic pictures. But funny none the less.
Justin and I got to meet some of our neighbors and we made it back just before the rain started so all in all I think it proved to be a good night.
1 comment:
Looks like the boys scared up some fun for Halloween! I think everyone's costume was so appropriate for them. We miss you guys being just 100 miles down the road...
love always,
cami
Post a Comment