I had a bit of an odd feeling today shortly before lunch. I walked into the restroom on my floor, just outside of our secured doors. (Remember this is before lunch so I am not talking about that kind of odd feeling and the bathroom.) Anyway, I turned the corner to go to the urinal and almost bumped into a security guard. That is not uncommon since there are so many security guards here, but this one had an automatic weapon, one of the Indonesian versions of an AK-47 or M-16.
It was not really a big deal. He was here to protect me (and the rest of the building). I proceeded to take care of my business as he washed his hands and left. It is still an odd feeling to go to the bathroom with someone carrying an automatic weapon in the same room.
Of course, if I was in Venezuela, the result would have been different. Go into the restroom just beyond the secured doors, turn corner, almost bump into man with automatic weapon, man points weapon at me, we get in his car, and I am now a kidnap victim. I sure am glad Jakarta is a peaceful place.
1 comment:
justin, its sunday 5 pm and the aggies just played one of the best games i have ever seen. they gun down missouri, they were 6 and 0.
final score 19 - 25 , are you able to watch the games over there ?
Post a Comment