"It's finished" is a favorite term used here in Indonesia to describe an item that is out of stock. It is something that, unfortuneately, I have grown accustomed to hearing. I have heard it said about fabrics, kitchen appliances, electronics and food. Nowhere seems to be exempt.
Through my shopping and dining experiences, I have come to realize that it is best not to get too excited about something on display in a store or on a menu. It seems to be common practice here to keep things out for people to look at and ponder buying despite whether or not the store actually has the item available to be purchased. Which is rather disappointing at times when you have searched and searched for that perfect item to fit your needs only to find out that "it's finished".
The worst esperience I had with this was at a store called Electronic City. Justin and I must have asked about 10 different items before we found one that was actually in stock. I was beginning to think we should just stop asking.
You know, in a way it could be an ingenuous marketing technique. I know I have started to develop the philosophy of buy it when you see it because if you think about it, it might not be there when you actually make your decision.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(49)
-
▼
October
(17)
- Happy Halloween
- A Sight For Sore Eyes
- It's in the Bag
- Under House Arrest
- Birthday Parties
- A Little Off the Top, Please
- Haircut and lunch
- And so the saying goes...in Jakarta
- A Little Love
- Odd Feeling
- Embracing the Culture
- By Popular Demand
- Slides, Tunnels and Balls...Oh My!
- Are you positive?
- Motorcycle Baby
- It's Finished
- Coffee Anyone?
-
▼
October
(17)
2 comments:
Hi Erin,
It's Melanie, "Grammie Anderson". I am really enjoying reading your blogs. I don't know if you will see this or not. I have been reading your blogs almost everyday. What an adventure you are on....and I thought Texas was an adjustment! Take care and God Bless you are your beautiful family.
HI ERIN IT'S DAD, I TO HAVE BEEN READING YOUR DAILY BLOGS. (HI MELANIE AND FAMILY)YOU MIGHT TRY EBAY IN A COUNTRY NEAR YOU, YOU KNOW MOST OF THE WORLDS GOOD ARE MAKE OVER THERE. P.S. POST MORE PICTURES. LOVE DAD
Post a Comment