Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Ada apa? (What's going on?)
Language lessons. That is what is going on. I officially started my Bahasa Indonesia lessons yesterday, so everyone can look forward to my future posts in Indonesian. Okay, I am a long way from being able to write my thoughts in another language, but I can now talk in short sentences. I have never really learned a foreign language before. In school I took Latin. And I don't really count that because it's a dead language. I know, Bethancourt Boys, that Latin was a big deal for you guys and you may have actually spoken it at some of those contests you went to, but at my high school it was a class for dumb jocks to fulfill their foreign language requirement. Anyways, I am excited to learn a language that I can use for conversation, at least here in Indonesia. And our staff seems excited to help me learn. So watch out Indonesia. I am learning your language and am ready to use it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
latin may be a dead language to the world but it is still alive and well in our hearts. Viva Mr. Merritt
Post a Comment