Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Odds and Ends

So our computer whoo's continue...my computer completely stopped working so we have sent it to the local computer guy to try to fix it. We think it is probably a virus. Whatever it is, it has all my files held captive and I barely know what to do with myself as it is impeding my work progress. What did we ever do without technology!! Lets just say that I have been praying for the healing of my computer.

In other news...we celebrated our first "real" American Thanksgiving last week. We have lived here for 3 Thanksgivings now and this year was the first time it felt like a real Thanksgiving celebration. We invited 6 other families over to our house and chowed down on a traditional Thanksgiving feast...

turkey
ham
homemade rolls
cornbread dressing
green bean casserole
JELL-O salad
sweet potato casserole
mashed potatoes
pumpkin pie
apple pie

Yum! And this was escpecially a big deal considering the lack of imported foods around Jakarta these days. Some of these dishes required weeks of searching to find all the ingredients needed. So needless to say, we savored this meal. Thanks to all our friends who made it possible.
This time of year it is always difficult to be away from family. We are very thankful to have a Jakarta family to celebrate with.

Speaking of holidays, Christmas is just around the corner. We officially started our count down last night. Yea! I decorated our house for Christmas a couple of weeks ago because I was going to have some parties here and it is amazing how a little decorating can really get you in the Christmas spirit. Unfortunately around Jakarta, you will not see much in the way of Christmas decorations so our house has become a little Christmas haven that I like to spend time in.

Well, I need to wrap things up and be out the door.

24 days until Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin-
I just caught-up the last few months on y'all. Sounds like fast and furious fun!! :) We also have begun the Christmas countdown, it almost seems to early to me...I think "Ike" messed up my sense of "seasons" as well as other stuff. Tell the boys hello from us, Braden & Brandt really enjoyed the slide show and wished to be at the beach with y'all. (Me too, right?! It is overcast and upper 40's.) Have a great week!
Julie

Followers