Sunday, November 16, 2008

Debriefing

Since my blogging has been kind of sporatic lately, I thought I would take this opportunity to catch you up on the goings on in our household over the past several weeks.

A New Visitor
On October 21st we had a special visitor arrive at our house from California. He came via the US mail and our ConocoPhillips pouch wearing blue jeans and a striped shirt. Being not more 8" tall and flat, he has been a rather easy guest to care for and entertain. We have enjoyed taking him on some of our adventures the last few weeks and plan to keep him around a few more weeks before sending him home. Who is this mystery guest? None other than Flat Stanley. If you are unsure of who Flat Stanley is check out this website. I won't go into any details just now of his adventures with us just in case Brooke Sonu checks our blog. (She is the one who sent him to us and we want to keep things a secret.) But I can tell you that the kids have gotten a kick out of having him around.

Celebrating Diversity
At the kids' school, each year they hold a UN Day celebration to recongize all the many cultures and nationalities that are represented by the students there. This year's activities took place the last week in August. Some of the highlights this year include Alex and Jack dressing up like a cowboy and singing "Deep In The Heart Of Texas" to each of their classes and the triplets performing in a UN Show representing the USA with several other American students. They sang familiar folk songs from the US as well as some patriotic songs. They had to learn the Pledge of Allegiance for their performance. I can't believe they are 5 and just learning this!!

Trick or Treat
Spiderman, Captain Hook, a Cowboy and an Indian came home with loads of candy after trick-or-treating door to door in our complex. I will let you take a guess of who was which character. I will try to post pictures later.

Here We Go Again
Alex, Luke and I traveled to Singapore for 2 day the first week in October for a check up with the ENT. The result...Luke and I will be returning to Singapore in December so that he can get a new ear tube, his tonsils out and his hernia repaired. I am not looking forward to being separated from the rest of the family again for a week (like when Alex had surgery) but it will be well worth it for Luke. And Singapore should be decorated for Christmas so that is a great bonus.

Wearing Yellow
This past Monday Alex and Luke participated in a belt test in Taekwondo. After all their hard work this school year, they both left the test a yellow belt. Now Isaac and Jack have joined in the class. So we will see where things go from here.

Go Yankees!!
We ended the soccer season last weekend with a mini tournament. The 12 teams were divided into 2 groups for some round robin games. The groups were made according to the team record (hey, I thought we weren't supposed to be keeping score!) and our team ended up in the group with all the really good teams. We were the worst of the best group. Needless to say, we didn't win any of our games but most importantly, the kids had fun. And at the end of it all, they acted as if they had won it all. So we said "goodbye" to Team France and "hello" to the New York Yankees. We started tball this week and had our first game yesterday. The boys have really improved since last year and I think will learn a lot this season, escpecially with a great coach like Justin!

No comments:

Followers