Each December 1st we start our countdown to Christmas. This tradition started a few years ago when my mom gave me a Christmas house that has 25 numbered doors. Each night the kids take turns opening a door to find a treat inside. Actually, they usually find a paper with a clue that leads them to their treat for the day. Anyways...
This year we started our Advent calendar off with a BANG, literally. The kids' first treat this year was a Christmas Cracker. In case you are not familiar with these, check out this website. The kids had fun pulling them open and hearing them pop. The treasures inside included a paper Christmas hat, a small trinket (ex: flashlight, fingernail clippers, keychain) and a joke. I thought I would share the jokes with you for a little laugh...
Why did the mechanic sleep under the car?
He wanted to get up oily in the morning.
Where do snowmen go to dance?
To a snowball
Why do barbers make good drivers?
Because they know all the short cuts
What's red and white and gives presents to good little fish at Christmas?
Sandy Claws
Did you hear about the math teacher who fainted?
Everyone tried to bring her 2
1 comment:
I did this growing up too! I had a little Christmas tree with presents hanging on it and I would open one each day and find a hershey kiss and a clue to my "gift" for the day. I'm glad someone else does this tradition...it's so fun!!
Post a Comment