Hello. Luke and I are coming to you LIVE from Singapore. We have been here since December 8th. Our reason for coming...Luke had surgery on the 9th and the doctor requested that we hand around for a week after the surgery to make sure he is well on his way to recovery before send us back to Jakarta. So far, so good. The surgery went well and his recovery has gone smoothly. Praise God and thank you to all who have been praying for us. Please continue as Luke's complete healing will take a couple of weeks.
When we arrived in Singapore, we met our neighbors at the Hilton Hotel. They arrived in Singapore a few days earlier for 2 of their sons to have surgery on Dec 5th. We were able to get an adjoining room to theirs so for our first several days, Luke enjoyed having other kids around to play with and I enjoyed having a friend around too. Definitely made things easier to have 2 adults around to nurse the 3 recovering kids. They went homem yesterday so now Luke and I are on our own.
So what have we been up to? Not much. Today we have been held up in our room most of the day as the rain spoiled our plans to go to the zoo. It has kind of been nice to just relax, get caught up on some projects and watch movies on TV, but I think we are both starting to get a little stir crazy. So we are hoping that tomorrow brings better weather and we can head to the zoo. I really want to take Luke to see the tigers. He is missing his class field trip to Taman Safari. The kindergarten classes are adopting a Sumatra tiger for the year, so they are going to the safari to check them out. I thought it would be good to take Luke to the zoo here just so he feels like he didn't completely miss out. We will see.
Okay, enough of my rambling. We leave Singapore on Dec 16th and are looking forward to getting home to Jakarta.
No comments:
Post a Comment