This year the triplets started "big" school. We call it that because they are now going to the Jakarta International School which takes kids from age 3 all the way through high school and it is a rather big campus. The elementary, middle school and high school each have there own area on the campus comprised of a number of buildings, sports fields, swimming pools, libraries, computer rooms, administrative offices, playgrounds, cafeterias and theaters/auditoriums.
The triplets' elementary school is called Pondok Indah Elementary (or PIE, for short) and its mascot is the cicak (pronounced chee-chah), which is a little gecko type lizard. This year Alex and Luke are in the same class with Mr. Whitney as their teacher. Isaac is in Ms. Abraham's class. There are only 2 classes for they age level otherwise I might have split them all up. Their class level is called Prep Junior. I am guessing it equates to like a Pre-K class in the states.
We returned from the US on Sunday, August 12th. School had already started on August 9th, so the triplets had to jump right in the Monday after we returned. I decided to take them to school the first couple days. Here is a picture of the boys before we loaded in the car to go to school.
I had no idea how much Jack was going to want to join them at school. I got my first taste when he insisted on putting his backpack on too and getting his picture taken with the triplets.
We were the first to arrive and the boys were a little shy about going into their class. Alex and Luke reluctantly took this picture in front of the classroom door.
Isaac wanted nothing to do with a picture by his classroom door. He was rather sad that day about being in the class by himself (but he got over that pretty quickly - just took a day or 2 being the social one in the family).
The kids got a little more comfartable as other kids arrived, they met their teachers and saw the toys in their classroom. There was no kicking and screaming when we left, so I knew everything would be okay.
After school the boys rode the bus home. This is what they had been looking forward to all summer.
The bus situation here is much different than in the states. The bus can only seat maybe 10-12 people and I don't think it is ever full. Along with the bus driver, there is also a bus chaperone. They monitor the activities on the bus and walk the younger kids to their class in the mornings. And the bus picks up and drops off the kids right at their house. It is a pretty nice service.
After taking the boys to school the first 2 mornings, they were more than ready to starting riding the bus to school. Only one boy cried that morning and it wasn't one that was getting on the bus. No, it was Jack. He so wanted to join his brothers on the bus. The next morning my mom and sister reported (I was too sick in bed to witness this occasion for myself) that this time he wanted his backpack and shoes on AND put himself in line to get on the bus. I think Jack is a 4 year old in a 2 year old body!
No comments:
Post a Comment