Monday, September 10, 2007

A Feast For the Eyes

So I imagine that not many sports fans enjoy watching their favorite team blow a 19 point lead, end up in triple overtime and barely eek out a 2 point win over a team that they should have blown away. And I would usually count myself among this group, except for yesterday. "Why?" you may ask. Well, that is because Justin and I were able to actually watch the FSN broadcast of the Aggie game on our very own TV in Jakarta, Indonesia!! You can probably imagine our shock as Justin turned on ESPN yesterday afternoon to find a replay of the Aggie game being shown. I think it took a while for it to register that we were actually SEEING the Aggies play football before we could settle in and watch the game. It has been about 2 years since we have seen an Aggie game. It has probably been about that long since we have seen ANY college football game. All of last football season I think that the local Asian ESPN station only showed 1 bowl game, maybe two. And it was on at a weird time, so I don't think we even watched. What a treat!! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if we didn't know the outcome. When we woke up Sunday morning, we both expected to find the game over. To Justin's surprise, he ended up finding the game in its 2nd overtime when he tuned into the braodcast on the internet. Oh well. It still was quite the treat!! Gig 'Em Aggies!!

2 comments:

jjbeezer said...

I flipped it over to what should have been a MLB game only to see a close-up of a football player's face, in a maroon helmet. I thought, "That head is really big. It looks like Javorski Lane." I was in a state of disbelief as they cut to a wide shot and I saw the Aggies playing football.

Then I got kinda sad that we spend the previous hour watching National Geographic channel instead of the MLB game that was listed on the TV Guide channel (which was really the Aggie game).

Unknown said...

don't forget you can watch all of the games after they are played online through the aggie all access portal. you can find that at the top right of the aggieathletics.com website.

Followers