Thursday, September 14, 2006

We're Hooked Up

So, we finally got an internet connection in our house today. YEAH!!!! I have been chomping at the bit to post on this blog to tell you all about the interesting experiences we have had since we left the states on the 10th. There is so much to tell about. I am hoping I will be able to update the blog frequently to let you all in on our life in Indonesia.

So, I guess I will start with the plane flight here.

We headed to the San Fransisco International Airport around 8:15pm to catch a 1:20am flight. Everything went smoothly checking in our 18 pieces of luggage and we managed to avoid the "check in" crowds making it through security and to the business class lounge with plenty of time to spare before our flight. Surprisingly, the kids were in good spirits and eagerly awaited boarding the plane.

The first leg of our trip was a 14 hour flight to Hong Kong. While a crazy story about the flight would be much more fun to read, I am happy to report that the flight went really smoothly and the triplets especially took to flying and had a great time on the plane.

We arrived in Hong Kong around 5:30am and had a couple of hours before the next leg of our trip to Jakarta. So we headed to the lounge to shower and grab a snack. We boarded the plane and prepared for the 4 hour flight to Jakarta. And besides Jack's little "meltdown" and Mommy's almost "breakdown", we survived and got to Jakarta safely. Thanks for all your prayers during our journey!!!

Tomorrow find out about...Home Sweet Home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

make sure you include pictures when you write about the house

Followers