An important lesson...I was using the bathroom in a store and went to flush the toilet. I found went appeared to be the flusher but instead of the toilet flushing, I got a nice refreshing spray of water across my leg. Note to self: Never twist the little handles attached to the bowl of the toilet.
"Rubber time", a phrase used to describe the Indonesian concept of time. You know when you are having something delivered to your house and they give you a delivery time between 12 and 4 and you are somewhat frustrated by the lack of a more specific time. Well we were having some electronics delivered and all they could tell us was that it would be Sunday between 10am and 10pm. And we've also learned that they may say one time and decide to come within an hour or 2 of that or maybe not even until the next day. You just never know.
A Love Story Update: So we learned later that Luke's little encounter with a female friend was the result of a song they were singing in their class, "I Love You". And we also received a picture of Luke hugging his new girl friend. The girl is quite a bit taller then Luke and when he saw the picture, he said, "I'm small." A big realization for a little boy.
Today's Word of the Day: Selamat jalan, means goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment