Monday, September 18, 2006

First Day of School



Today marked a milestone...the triplets first day of preschool at Tutot Time. Well, at least for Isaac and Alex it was. Luke had to be enrolled in what they term the "Prepper" class for 2-3 year olds because he is not yet potty trained. We have been telling him that he has to go to a "little boy" class and can't go to preschool with his brothers since he is not potty trained thinking that this might encourage him to get with the program. Today was the test to see if our plan would work.

The boys got up around 5:45am or so, which has become typical since moving here. The sun comes up at 6am. Whew!! Anyways, I fixed them pancakes and we all talked with excitement about their "new" school.

We piled into the car at 7am to be able to get them to their class by 8am. Jakarta traffic - AHHHH!!! I don't want to even know how far we are travelling in that hour. Probably not even 10 miles. Bambang, our trusty "bus" driver, got us to the school a little before 8am. I am sure you are all anxiuos to put faces with names, so here is a picture of the boys with Bambang.



Luke's teacher met us in the entry. She introduced herself, Ms. Grace, and before we knew it Luke was following her to his new class. What an answer to prayer!! I was a little concern that he might throw a fit not being able to go with his brothers, which would have helped my potty training plan, but I was so excited he was eager to go.

Next we walked Alex and Luke upstairs to their new class where they met their teacher Ms. Dina. Alex clinged a little, but there were hugs goodbye and no tears!! Yeah!

I stayed home while Debbie went to pick the boys up. Today was a furniture delivery day so I thought I should be home for that. When the boys got home, Luke ran up to me and said, "I like my new baby class, Mommy!!!" Rats. Plan foiled. He wasn't supposed to like being in a "baby" class. Oh, well. I am just happy he had fun. And I think having his own class will be great for him. Alex and Isaac said lots of good things too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I am soo glad to hear things are going well in your new adventure! I've enjoyed the journals. Today we are writing ya'll letters - tell the boys hello from Braden and Brandt! I guess Jack is also doing well?
Julie

Followers