Over the past few days, my loving husband has made me QUITE aware that I have not posted anything to our blog in a couple of weeks. It really didn't seem that long ago, but I guess it has been some time. So I will give you a little update as to what has been going on in our lives since school has started.
- All the boys have settled in nicely to the routines of school and really seem to be enjoying their classes. Just this last week, Justin and I had the opportunity to meet their teachers and find out how they spend their school days on Open House night. It was the usual whirlwind for us as we tried to spread ourselves between 4 classes. And Jakarta traffic was no help as it took us almost an hour and a half to get to school (it usually only takes about 30 minutes). It took us like 45 minutes just to get out of the parking lot of Justin's office!! That is what happens in the midst of Ramadan when people are trying to get home before the breaking of the fast around 6pm. Well thankfully, I had left home early and we were only 20 minutes late to Jack's class presentation (along with 3 or 4 other parents). At the end of the night, I left Open House excited about the new year and what the kids are going to be learning. I think they each will be challenged in their our way.
-Soccer season has started. This year the triplets are on Team Indonesia. And because of a lack of parents signing up to be coaches, Justin conceded and is coaching their team again. Thankfully, another dad with more soccer experience has offered to be the assistant coach. Justin is very grateful to have him working alongside of him. The boys have a pretty competitive team this year with several experienced players. They have done well and the team has won its first 2 games. Isaac, Alex and Luke are all proving to be valuable team members and have stepped up their game. It has helped now having a year of experience under their belts. They all seem to be a little more aggressive. And most importantly, they are having lots of fun. I am looking forward to cheering them on the rest of the season!
-I have continued playing golf, a sport I picked up earlier in the spring before we left for summer break. I have a group of friends to go play with (there are 8 of us now), which makes it tons of fun. We try to play once a week and have been having fun trying new courses around town. Last week we went to a course that was about 30 minutes out of town. The surroundings were beautiful and it was so nice to get out of the crowded, noisy city and breath some clean air while enjoying the scenery and open spaces. Playing regularly has helped me improve my golfing skills. Yea. And I actually got my first REAL birdie last week! (I say "REAL" because there were no do-over shots involved. We generally play by a relaxed set of rules.) The great part is that we can typically play 18 holes for under $20 and we get exercise as well since we walk most of the courses.
-Justin is off to Spain in a couple of weeks. He is headed there to attend a conference for work. Tough, huh? I tried to think of a way I could join him, but it just wasn't going to work out. He will be there for a week and then fly home only to leave the next day to join me and the boys in Lombok. We are headed to Lombok for the Idul Fitri holidays with our friends and neighbors, The McElligotts.
I guess that is about it for now. Justin, if I forgot something, please add it. :)
2 comments:
I wonder if anyone still checks this blog? Thanks for getting something posted. I love you.
I read it faithfully...good to hear how you guys are doing! : )
Post a Comment