Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monumental Moments

This morning as I was reading the updates on our friends and family's blogs, I decided that I would take the time to post something as well. I was surprised to find out when I opened our blog that the last time I posted something was January 30th and today in February 11th. Surely it has not been that long. I guess I felt that I had any no real "news worthly" stories to tell that would compell me to take time out to write. And as I sit here this morning, thinking of what I could post, nothing monumental comes to mind. Which leads me to share something I am learning right now...

Our lives are not made up of the sum of all our monumental moments, going off to college, getting married, starting your first job, having babies, etc. While those are amazingly important events that shape the course of our lives, the days in between are just as significant. While there may not be any "big news stories" coming out of our household right now, I am learning, more and more, to appreciate and cherish the everyday. Things like...

-Hearing Jack sing "The Big Bad Wolf" while he is doing his business in the bathroom

-Listening to Isaac tell me about the techniques they are using to create their latest art project at school

-Going out to eat dinner and see a movie with Justin

-Watching Alex hit a nice line drive during his t-ball game and then run the bases with focus and speed

-Volunteering in Luke's class at school and seeing how he interacts with his friends

These are all precious memories and the real substance of life.

No comments:

Followers