Thursday, January 22, 2009

We Are Back Online

"And what country did you wake up in?" I am not sure if I have ever blogged about this saying, which has become a favorite among my circle of expat friends. Basically, we say this to each other when one of us is complaining about some difficulty we have been facing living in Indonesia, a developing country. Kind of lightens the mood and puts things in perspective. Well after our holiday in the states, I had to wake up to this reality quicker than I might have liked. For the past week we have been without the internet at our house. It wasn't due to a widespread outage, just our house. We had people from the company maintenance department and/or the telephone/internet company at our house almost everyday since the internet went out. Each day they would spend a couple of hours at our house and each day there would be no resolution. First it was the phone line, then it was the modem, then back to the phone line and one day the guy that was here working on the problem left stumped and frustrated. And of course, no one showed up when they were supposed to. Then finally last night at around 7:30pm (about 7.5 hours after the time the guy was scheduled to arrive), the right guy arrived at our house and had the problem fixed in less than 30 minutes. Crazy! So, now we are back online and can continue life as normal. Whatever that is.

No comments:

Followers