Okay, maybe "Hi-Yah!" is for karate but I couldn't think of a better way to introduce our kids' new sports interest, Taekwondo. I can't say that I was looking to enroll the kids in this sport, but when some friends said that they were going to join the afterschool Taekwondo class for kids their age, I thought to myself, "Hey. Let's give it a shot. It could be fun." The class didn't cost much and it was a last minute decision so I signed them up and then told Justin about it once I could get a hold of him at work. I wasn't sure what his reaction would be. Justin definitely has his sports preferences and since he had never mentioned any of the martial arts before, I thought he might not be much of a fan. So it was to my surprise and delight when he reacted positively to the kids taking the classes. In fact the first word that came out of his mouth was "Cool." And that is when I learned something new about my husband. (Isn't it great that after almost 11 years of marriage, we are still learning new things about each other!) It turns out that I am married to a yellow belt in Taekwondo. WOW! Justin apparently took lessons at some point in his childhood and was excited that the triplets were going to give it a try. And, of course, he couldn't help but show us some of his moves that night when he got home.
What a great time the triplets have had at their lessons. What could be better for a bunch of boys than to be ASKED to punch and kick things? Here are a few pictures of them in action.




Luke was absent from class the day I took these pictures, so I will have to get some of him next time and post them. He has actually been pretty fun to watch. Luke, the boy who can be shy when asked to do something in front of a group, would strut his stuff when called to the front by the teacher and would let out the loudest, most intense yell of the group when he kicked the pads. Hopefully, I will be able to catch some of this on video!
2 comments:
Alex & Isaac look so cute striking their poses! What big boys....Are those pictures with your new camera? They look really good.
I feel like I might have been just a small part of the "Hi-yah" interest in the triplets. Last summer when y'all were in Houston, I ended up with the boys one morning and we were locked outside Christina's house. So while Phillip went to get the keys, I made up a game called "Hi-yah" where we would run around shouting Hi-yah and slicing our arms and kicking our legs! It was great entertainment and I'm glad they are now putting their skills to use!
Cami
Post a Comment