Thursday, April 03, 2008

Still In Indonesia

I was reminded I was still in Indonesia yesterday. The sky has been so clear that you can even tell what color the downtown buildings are over the last few days. However, on the way to work yesterday I heard a motorcycle trying to pass us on the inside of a curve. I thought the guy must be pretty bold to have such a loud bike and trying to pass there. When he came past my window the vest he was wearing said "Polisi." Then I noticed sitting in his lap was his fully automatic sub-machine gun. Kind of reminded me of the story about a month after I arrived when I walked into the bathroom and met a guard with a fully automatic sub-machine gun in there.

On a side note, our friends, Jason and Niki, are here looking for a place to live. He works for Marathon, and they are thinking of moving over. And we are trying to convince them to come. They will be over to our house today to see how a house "runs" in Indonesia. It is nice to have visitors when you live so far away from everyone. We are ready for you Phillip and Cami.

1 comment:

The Bethancourts said...

We are ready too! Looking forward to our visit with all 6 of you!

P&C

Followers