I was just reading my sister-in-law's blog of fun, little known facts about herself and her husband, Justin's brother, and have been inspired to create my own edition. So here it goes:
I retired from being an Electrical Engineer at the ripe, old age of 22. Before retirement, I spent my fair share of time wearing a fire retardant jumper, hard hat, steel-toed boots and safety googles as my job required me to spend time in a chemical plant.
I might have been the youngest person to ever enroll in Weight Watchers. As an overweight fifth grader, I started attending meeting with my aunt and went on to loose over 25 pounds!
Growing up, my sister and I enjoyed "performing" Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton duets. Our favorite songs...Islands In the Stream and anything from their Christmas album.
When I eat speghetti, I don't like to mix the sauce with the noodles. I like to keep the sauce layered on top of the noodles as I eat it.
At night I like to fall asleep on the couch watching TV before going to bed.
Justin took me on a date to a WWF event when we were in college. (See Phillip's list for more info on the Bethancourt boys and their wrestling interests.)
I once went on a road trip through Texas to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and Colorado with my dad, sister and uncle in a Datsun truck with a camper on the back where we slept one night in the parking lot of a motel.
I had not lived anywhere other than Texas until we moved to Indonesia in 2006.
In junior high I started playing basketball and I ran track. I was a sprinter and also competed in the long jump and discus. I continued playing basketball in high school until a knee injury caused me to quit after my sophomore year.
I was also in choir throughout junior high and high school and once sang the National Anthem at a volleyball game.
Okay. I guess that is all I can think of for now. Hope you learned something new about me and had a couple of laughs too!! Now it is your turn!
1 comment:
YOU LEFT OUT NEVADA, TOTAL MILES 3600 IN 9 DAYS.
Post a Comment