Friday, February 15, 2008

Justin's Favorite Time of Year

About 3 weeks or so ago, our family headed to the photo studio for our annual family picture day (or what Justin lovingly refers to as torture). I instituted this tradition after the triplets were born, carrying on the already long established Bethancourt tradition of marching the whole family to the photographer for a group picture around Christmas time. I think it is a terrific idea and I know that we will enjoy looking back one day and seeing how we all changed from Christmas to Christmas. I know I have enjoyed looking back on the family pictures my mother-in-law Debbie has collected over the years of their family. Justin, on the other hand, doesn't seem to really enjoy these outings. But being the supportive husband he is, he humors me and supports me in this endeavor. Anyways, all that to say...I just got our prints back and there are some cute pictures.

In the past I have usually accomplished our annual family picture by cashing in on a coupon from the mail for a free sitting and 8x10, which has helped me convince Justin to participate since the whole experience cost us nothing. But in Indonesia, that is really not an option. See ,in the US the photo studio's tactic is to "suck people in with a free sitting and then gouge them on the cost of the prints because who can pass up on those 10 adorable shots of Junior all dressed up in his Sunday best". The free sitting soon turns into $150 of pictures you just couldn't live without. Well, in Indonesia things are a little different. Here the sitting fee is where the money is made. Once you have bought the photographer's time, you end up with not only prints, but a CD with the picture files so you can keep on a-printing your favorites as many times as you'd like. So this year for 1.500.000 Rp (about $150), I have purchased 9 fun family pictures in prints and on a CD. Here is a sample below. I hope to upload the rest to Shutterfly soon so, friends and family, you can pick your favorites and get them printed to your heart's content. That's if my internet will let me!


1 comment:

Edlow said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! This has got to be the BEST family pic ya'll have taken! I love that the boys are finally old enough to all be looking at the camera at the same time! Can't wait to see the rest on shutterfly! Miss you guys!

Followers