Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's That Time of Year Again

The weather is turning colder. The leaves are beginning to fall off the trees. It is time to get out the winter clothes and go take some pictures of pumpkins. Fall is in the air and winter is just around the corner. Oh, wait. Where am I? Indonesia, right! I almost feel like I am on a different planet after reading the recent blog posts of my friends and family.

Technically in Jakarta right now it is spring since we are below the equator. But really every season is pretty much the same except maybe the amount of rain that falls. And it is this time of year, as family and friends are enjoying a change in the weather, that I start to long for home. And not just because of the cooler temperatures, but also the thoughts of the impending holidays that we will miss spending with our families. You all are definitely in our thoughts!!

But on the brighter side of things...while you all are shivering in the cold, we will still be swimming. And to beat the holiday blues this year, we just may be spending some time in Bali enjoying a holiday getaway. And the thing that tops it all off...knowing that God has called us here to serve Him, there is no other place we would rather be!!

No comments:

Followers