Many of you have played in Church or City league softball games. When it rains for 30 minutes and stops 15 minutes before the games are supposed to start, what happens? That is right, a rain-out. We experienced that weather scenario yesterday night before my softball game. When I arrived to the field 15 minutes before the game started the lights were off. I thought they would tell us all to go home. Instead I found 2 men out on the field.
Upon closer inspection the men each had a towel and a bucket. They were using the towel to soak water out of the puddles on the infield. After a quick wring-out, the towels went back into the puddle for another soak. This lasted until the infield had no standing water left. The game did start a little late. The score ended up 29-1 (not in our favor), but what a sight to see with towels and buckets!
No comments:
Post a Comment