Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Good 'Ol US of A

Well, we finally made it to the US this past Thursday. We arrived at our final destination around 11ish pm. The trip went really well despite the choas we encountered at our "favorite" airport, LAX. Justin got to work on his muscles as he pushed 2 carts full of luggage from the International Terminal to the Southwest terminal while I got to practice my herding skills as I was holding Jack and pushing a cart with our carry-ons. It had to have been at least a half mile walk. The 16.5 hour plane flight from Singapore to LAX was more enjoyable despite the close quarters and lack of sleep. But we made it safely and the triplets have done an excellent job at adjusting to the new time zone and getting over jet lag. Jack hasn't faired quite as well, since he was a little sick leaving Jakarta and started to develop a fever by the time we reached Justin's parents house. That on top of an eczema flare-up as a result of the flying and the dry air of CA has made his adjustment a little more difficult. But overall I really can't complain. Really I just praise God that we got here safely, the flights were good, we didn't loose anything along the way and Jack really didn't get sick/cranky until we had already made it to the US.

We have enjoyed a couple of days here in Alamo and are packing up to head to Houston early tomorrow morning. Highlights of our time here:

1) Justin's face lighting up as he held his CASE of belly flops from the Jelly Belly Factory.

2) The triplets, Justin and John went to Mt. Diablo to go "rock climbing". When the boys returned, Isaac reported to me about the trip saying, "Grandpa got stuck in a rock." So I asked how he got out and Isaac replied, "Alex pushed him from behind and I pulled." I think he will be telling this story for awhile.

It is good to be back!!

No comments:

Followers