Thursday, January 21, 2010

When I Grow Up...

This year in grade one the triplets have been studying The World of Work. They have surveyed workers around their school to learn about all the different jobs there. They took a behind the scenes tour of a local hotel to see all the jobs needed to make things run smoothly for the guest. They interviewed Justin and I about our jobs. They have thought about what their different jobs are at home and at school. And now they are completing the unit by doing a presentation on what they want to be when they grow up. I just had to capture their aspirations here on the blog because I know one day it will be fun for them to look back on this childhood dream. But before I reveal what they want to be when they grow up, I thought it would be fun to lead you all on a trip down memory lane. Can you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up? Justin and I had to answer this question when the kids were interviewing us. Justin said that he wanted to be a doctor. And I remembered at first wanting to be an advertising agent. I used to make up commercials for things I found around my grandma's house and have here sit and listen to me give my shpeal as to why she should buy my product. As I got older, my aspirations changed to being a lawyer and then to being the CEO of a company. And where am I today? Right where God wants me to be, a stay-at-home-wife/mom, and I couldn't ask for a better job!!
So without further delay (Below each picture I wrote the short version of their presentation. The actual talk had more details.) ...
Hello. My name is Alex and I want to be a baseball player when I grow up. In my job I play baseball, sign autographs, practice, train and eat healthly. I work at a baseball field. For my job, I wear a hat, jersey, pants and cleats. The equipment I use is a batting helmet to protect my head from getting hit by a ball, a bat to hit the balls, a glove to catch the balls and a baseball. The hardest thing about my job is hitting the ball because you don't know where the pitcher might throw it. The best part about my job is winning the game!
Hello. My name is Luke and I want to be a veteranarian when I grow up. This is my tiger, Stripey, who came to visit me at my office today where a take care of animals and give them medicine to feel better. I wear a white coat for my job. Some of the tools I use are a stethoscope to listen to the animals' heart, a syringe to give them a shot, a bandage for when they are bleeding, scissors to cut their hair if they need stitches and medicine. The hardest part of my job is taking care of animals big and small. The best part about my job is watching the pets get better.
Hello. My name is Isaac and I want to be a chef when I grow up. When I am a chef I buy food, cook food and put it on the plates. I work in a restaurant. I wear a hat, an apron and a white shirt. Some of the tools I use are a bowl, a whisk for mixing the food, a scraper for getting food off the sides of the bowl, a cutting board for cutting food on, a knife to cut the food, a pan for frying food and a baking tray for putting food on to bake in the oven. The hardest part of my job is when people interrupt me because then I get distracted and the food might get burned. The best part about my job is cooking all different kinds of food. My favorite kind of food to make is pizza.

2 comments:

Christin said...

Precious!

The Bethancourts said...

I luvvved this post! Maybe we can get my dad and Luke together to talk about being veterinarians. So cute!

Followers