It has been awhile since my last real posts and I know I owe you all some pictures. My access to internet has been spotty and we have just been plain busy!! So what have we been up to...
Our week in Aggieland was mainly spent at Miramont. The triplets went to Camp Miramont, spending most of 4 days playing all kinds of sports (golf, basketball, swimming, kickball, tennis). While the triplets were in camp, Jack took swimming lessons and I am happy to report that by the end of the week, he was starting to resemble a "little fish". And what was I doing while my kids were occupied...why taking golf lessons and hitting the driving range, of course. I had to break in my new golf clubs and Miramont was the perfect place to do it. (Thanks, Golfing Grandpa, for all your encouragement!). We also had the opportunity to visit with Phillip and Cami and meet baby Nathan as well as hang out with Granny and Papaw. I even got to catch up with some of my friends from college that live in the area. One of the highlights of the week included the birthday bash Granny and Papaw threw for the boys at the retirement home. It has become an annual event that we all look forward to. And this year it was made extra special since Christina, Kyle, Lori, John, Anna, Phillip, Cami, Nathan, Tim and Debbie were able to join us. It was nice to have all the family together (except Justin and Chad - we missed you!!). And we were also treated to some special party entertainment. The son of a resident at the retirement complex plays a turkey baster. Yes, I said turkey baster. He has even appeared on Leno and Letterman. He played a few songs for us and the kids seemed delighted to hear his original musical performance.
After our week in Aggieland, we headed to Port Aransas with my dad, sister and nephews. For the first half of the week, we were also joined by my Uncle Doug and the house filled up the second half of the week with Sandie and her friend, Kathy, as well as Brett and his girlfriend, Sara Beth. While our first week at the beach in Galveston was filled with lots of beach time, our second week at the beach this summer was filled more with fishing. My dad brought his boat along for our trip and we all took turns going out for some fishing and the extra added bonus of dolphin watching. We had a great time. We even fit in a trip to the Texas State Aquarium and enjoyed some fierce rounds of Phase 10. In between fishing trips, we did spend some time at the beach. While there, we collected sand dollars, had digger races and made sand castings.
At the conclusion of our week at Port A, we went back to Houston and were FINALLY joined by Justin. Boy, was I glad to see him. I missed my hubby (the kids did too!). Justin planned a night away for the two of us at a cabin outside Brenham. It was a great time to reconnect. We returned from our retreat and spent a couple of nights in Houston before we parted way again - I went with my mom and sister to Fredericksberg and Justin took the boys to Christina's house and then on to Aunt Mary and Uncle Jim's lake house.
I have just returned from Fredericksberg as I sit here and write this update. We had a fun time shopping, eating, shopping and eating. Those of you who have been to Fredericksberg know what I am talking about...lots of good shopping and eating. We also fit in a trip to a very interesting spa near Enchanted Rock, took in a show at the Rockbox theater and visited the Wildseed Farm. We stayed at a very "cute" bed and breakfast called Settlers' Crossing. We had our own quaint, charming 2 bedroom house complete with sheep, goat, donkey and deer roaming around the property. And while we were not out painting the town, we played a new game I found at a roadside pecan store, called Farkle. Have any of you played it? It is an addicting dice game and I know will be a lasting family favorite.
Now I am waiting to hear what Justin has been up to as I sit in my sister's home in Pflugerville. More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment