Today, I went to the boys' school to enjoy the Kindergarten Work Share morning. Twice a year the kindergarten classes invite the parents to come in to school to see what the kids have been working on over the past semester. Both times (once in December and once today), we have also been treated to a short musical performance where the kids could share some songs they have been learning in music class.
My first heart felt moment came when Alex sang his solo part in the first song, Down By the Bay. His sweet, high pitched voice just made me smile. This boy can carry a tune. Could he be our next American Idol? Ok, probably not. But I sure do love hearing him sing.
Then here is when I really began to melt. After the music performance in the school theater, we were invited back to the kids' classrooms to see their work. Since I was there alone and had 3 classes to go to, I decided that I would just take all the boys with me to each class. I rounded up Alex and Isaac and headed to Luke's class as I saw his teacher was having the kids present something to the parents. We walked in just in time to see that each child was going to stand up and read the poem that they had written in class recently. When it came to Luke's turn, he stood up before the parents and read...
My Brother
Brown hair
Dark green eyes
We play soccer
But he beats me
I love Alex
by Luke
I about burst into tears right there. How sweet! For a mom, it is so special to see that your children have such a special relationship with one another and can express it even at a young age. Luke could have written about anything but he chose to write about Alex. I love it. And I was so glad Alex was in the room to hear him share the poem!
The rest of the morning I spent going from room to room looking at all the boys had accomplished this year. They have grown up so much!
Tomorrow is Sport's Day in Jack's class so I am sure I will have more to report soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment