Beds
My baby is growing up!! Jack passed a milestone this week and it was a little sad for me. One morning this week I found that Jack had climbed out of his crib by himself. Apparently Luke had gone in his room and watched him climb out and they both greeted me together as I was getting out of bed. The thought of him climbing out of his crib with only the hard marble floors to catch him if he fell scared me right into making the decision that it was time for him to move to a "big boy bed". We brought some bed rails from the US that we could attach to his bed, so he would be safer there. The big question was going to be how he would handle this new found independence. The answer...he has done GREAT!! His transition has been so unlike the triplets, but then he doesn't have brothers in his room to run around and play rather than sleep. Probably the hardest part of the transition is that he is not sleeping as much. Now as soon as he wakes up a little, he pops out of bed. The lack of sleep has put him in a bad mood some of the time, but I think it is catching up with him because this morning he slept until 7am. So my baby is growing up. It is kind of sad that I don't have anymore kids in a crib. But not sad enough for Justin and I to seriously consider having another baby...just in case any of you were getting any thoughts!
Recliners
This past Friday, Justin and I finally got a chance to do something I have wanted to do since we came to Jakarta. We went to see a movie at one of the Premiere theaters in town. I had heard great things about these theaters and have been waiting for a good movie and good opportunity to go and check it out. With the opening of Spiderman 3, Justin and I decided now was the time. So Friday morning I headed to the theater to get some tickets. The theater we went to was located inside on of the regular movie theaters but it had its own special counter to buy tickets. I told the girl at the counter what movie time I wanted and she pulled up a seating chart of the theater for me to pick seats. Since I had not gone to the theater before, she escorted me in to look at the seat locations before I selected our seats. Upon first impressions, the theater kind of reminded me of the first class section of an airline on an international flight but here the seats were at different levels like you would expect in a movie theater. So I picked our seats and she printed out our tickets on special silver paper and put them in a special envelope. You would have thought we were buying real theater tickets.
Later that night Justin and I arrived at the theater for the show. When we got there, we were presented with menus to pick what food and drinks we would like to be served to us during the show. They had all kinds of drinks and foods ranging from the typical movie theater fare to something you might expect in a restaurant. After paying for our stuff, we waited to go into the theater and at the appointed time, headed into the theater with the other 40-50 movie-goers who were waiting.
In the theater we took our assigned seats and started to get comfortable. Much to our enjoyment, we found that our cushy, leather seats were like motorized recliners and that there were nice, soft, fresh blankets waiting for us to use in the drawer beneath the table next to our chairs. As the previews started, the waiters and waitresses came around with our drinks and food. Justin got a vanilla milkshake. I got a lemon squash (one of my new favorite drinks since moving to this neck of the woods). Since we had already eaten dinner, we just shared some popcorn. Another notable feature of this theater is that it had its own bathrooms just right outside the exit door. A big deal in Jakarta as restrooms are sometimes hard to come by or in not the most convenient places. So watching the movie here was super enjoyable. We will definitely be going back again! It is the way to go.
So you might be wondering how much all this cost.
2 tickets to see Spiderman 3 at the Preimere theater 200,000 rupiah (about $20 USD)
movie snacks 100,000 rupiah (about $10 USD)
a date with my husband priceless
No comments:
Post a Comment