Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ahhh...George Strait

A couple of weeks ago I had a hankerin' for some country music. I had a few country songs on my iPod but I needed a country fix. So I downloaded some songs from iTunes and some of our classic country CDs. I finally loaded them on my iPod yesterday and today had my first listen as I exercised this morning. There is nothing like a little Goerge Strait to put you in a two-steppin' mood. In fact I had to really restrain myself from jumping off the treadmill and dancin' around the fitness center. I didn't know how much I missed my country music. It really made me excited to get back to Texas.

Another thing that I have missed about listening to the radio is singing along. Yes, I am one of those people that you see on the road belting out the tunes. Usually it is just when I am alone in the car. But I have a confession to make. Now that I don't sing in the car, really, because

a) the kids are watching movies
OR
b) the driver is in the car with me,

I have had to find a replacement. And where might that be. No, not the shower. The fitness center, when I am alone, while I am exercising, listening to my iPod. I know. Kind of crazy. I am sure the occasional worker has walked by or heard me and thought, "What in the world?" Especially since my words are sometimes choppy because I working out at the same time. But a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. And oh, what joy it brings me!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Erin! This sounds like a case of Metropolitan Ipod-itis. I noticed in NYC & Philly everyone walking down the street, in stores, doing whatever would sing along with their Ipods and it seemed like the most freeing thing. Who cares about the world? I am going to enjoy this music to the fullest! You go! And Texas is waiting for you with open arms :)

The Bethancourts said...

I can always appreciate a good George Strait fan even across the miles. Maybe we should arrange a family dance night with all the two-steppin we can handle when y'all make it back to TX...? Let's see if George himself is available for a little backyard BBQ...otherwise the CD's will have to do.

Followers