I don't want to dwell on this subject too long in case my husband, who is still in Indonesia, is reading this. I would hate to have to have one of our staff clean up his drool off the floor as his mouth waters from reading this post. So I will keep it short.
We arrived in Houston yesterday evening and I have to admit that so far the food has been the highlight of our visit (that is aside from seeing our family, of course). After landing we headed over to Lupe Tortilla for some long-awaited Mexican food. My body was shaking as I sat before a bowl of queso almost as if I were in shock that I was actually there and about to embark on a Mexican food fest. The food was as good as I remembered, fajitas and homemade tortillas. Yummy! And I almost had to rethink our move to Indonesia. Let me back track a moment. Before we arrived at the restaurant, I asked the boys what they wanted to eat there. Alex kept chanting, "ham and cheese, ham and cheese". I told him that I was not going to order him ham and cheese and reminded him that he used to LOVE to eat cheese enchiladas. Cheese enchiladas? What's that? The kids did not seem to remember this oh, so yummy dish. I thought to myself, "What have I done? My kids don't know cheese enchiladas. That's it. We are moving back!" Ok, maybe such extreme action isn't necessary but how could I deprive my kids of this food or at least the memory of it! What kind of mother am I to have them grow up thinking that I never took them to eat Mexican food as a child? Well, I am glad to say that I was able to convince Alex and Luke to order the cheese enchiladas. And when Alex's plate arrived, he looked at me with a huge grin and said, "I remember this." He and Luke gobbled their meals right up. So for any of my friends in Indonesia who are reading this right now...don't worry. We are coming back.
1 comment:
check this one out (first post):
http://lifewithmyfoursons.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_archive.html
Post a Comment