As you might have been able to tell from our Disney pictures, taking pictures was a big thing on this trip. So, I thought I would start out our Disney stories with couple funny picture taking accounts.
First of all, I have to first point out that the kids all took to meeting the Disney characters a lot better than I thought they would. Our accounts of the kids meeting people dressed as characters have not turned out so well in the past. Usually at least one of the kids, if not more, were crying and hiding. But you should have seen their faces as they saw and meet the Disney gang, especially Mickey. Isaac, the one who usually cries, had a great time meeting Mickey and Minnie. The picture of him holding Minnie's hand says it all. Now, don't get me wrong. They each had their moments when they didn't want to have their picture taken with the characters. But there was very little crying. Unfortunately when we had the best opportunity to take a family picture with Mickey and Minnie, Alex didn't want to participate. Go figure. Jack was really the kid that was the most standoffish. He would usually only approach a character if Justin and I were holding him. But in the safety of our arms, he had fun interacting with them.
Ok, now to the funny stuff...
If you have ever been to Disney with a Bethancourt (or maybe Justin just made this up), then you have probably have experienced this trick. If the line to take your picture with a Disney character is long and you don't want to waste your precious ride time waiting in the line, then you go stand in the general vicinity of the character, of to the side or behind them. Then you have someone take your picture with them in the background. Saves lots of time and the character is still in the picture. Well, we were employing this technique on our first day to Disney on Minnie and Mickey. I took the boys to a spot just to the side of where they were and we crotched down and huddled up for Justin to get our picture. Well, the funny part is that it wasn't long before we started to attract our own crowd of people wanting to take pictures with us. Minnie and Mickey had their fans and we had ours. As I was standing there posing for pictures with our kids for 3 or 4 people, I couldn't help but laugh. Justin was able to snap a picture of this phenomena and you'll see it in the pictures I posted on the last blog.
The real irony of the situation occurred when people started employing the technique we used on Minnie and Mickey, on us. I don't know if the people didn't speak English or just didn't want to ask for a picture. But there were a couple of times when people would walk over and stand right next to us and someone else would just happen to be taking their picture.
Ok, the next funny thing happened when we were taking the kids' picture near the Mickey statue at our hotel. On the picture description, I mentioned for you to take note of Isaac's pose. If you saw, he was holding up the peace sign with his fingers. As we watched other people posing for pictures, we noticed that lots of Asians would pose holding up the peace sign. Not sure why. If anyone knows, please tell me. Anyways, Justin and I never really mentioned anything about it to the boys or made any note of it to them. So, it was so funny when Isaac just all the sudden posed like that. Just reiterates the fact that kids are very observent. And you know, I don't think he has done it since. Maybe he was taking cues from the other Asians who were taking the kids' picture at the same time we were.
Alright. Those are my picture stories. I will try to post other Disney stories soon.
2 comments:
I think that sign means V for victory. I could be wrong though, its been a long time since I was over there.
Kyle
I agree with Kyle...V for Victory, but what victory I don't know...Victory in Jesus?
Cami
Post a Comment