So we survived the first leg of our overseas trip today. We got up at 5:15am to load the car and head to the airport to catch our 9:10am flight to Oakland. Overall things went well, but we were definitely a sight at the airport.
We arrived with 13 bags, 2 strollers, 4 car seats, 6 backpacks, 2 carry-ons and 4 kids. Crazy, I know. After checking in the 13 bags, we were off to navigate the security line pushing 1 stroller, wheeling 4 car seats, carrying a couple of bags and herding 3 kids. Thankfully they ushered us through the quick line as they saw how we were holding up the line as we tried to move through. We spent what seemed like forever getting everyone and all our stuff through security. And of course, we had to have a bag searched. The new security restrictions got me caught with some Purell.
Then we began our long walk to the gate. It had to be the last one at the end of the terminal. By the time we got there, there was only 20 minutes or so before boarding. None of us had eaten breakfast yet so I rushed off with Jack to find some food. The best I could do was a couple of pieces of banana nut bread and a fruit smoothie. I managed to get a Starbucks for myself but didn't really get a chance to enjoy. Again thanks to the new safety restrictions, I had to chug it before we got on to the plane. Talk about a rush!
Once we got on the plane and settled into our seats, the flight went pretty smoothly. There was some squirming, a little whinning and some crying but it went as well as could be expected.
The only casualty of the trip was a torn up duffle bag. All in all I like our chances for a good 18 and a half hours in the air to Jakarta. Haha!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment